Start Date: 2/1/2018 7:00 AM EST
End Date: 2/1/2018 5:00 PM EST
Venue Name: Carroll Community College
1601 Washington Road.
Event Website: www.mnlga.org
Maryland Nursery, Landscape and Greenhouse Association
Join us for the MNLGA and UMD Extension - Biological Control in Commercial Greenhouses, Nurseries, Interiorscapes and Managed Landscapes Conference! This event will be held at Carroll Community College on February 1, 2018 (K Building - Room 100). We thank our gracious hosts and especially the UMD Extension office for putting this program together!
Registration opens at 7:00 am - and the program will begin at 8:00.
Please note the early bird dicount ends on January 19th, so be sure to register before that date! Please note that all employees of member companies will receive the member discount.
For a full agenda and list of speakers and sessions, view the program brochure! We have a great lineup of speakers coming from Canada, Disney World, North Carolina, and much more!
We have a great program full of excellent speakers including:
The purpose of this program is to address various issues as well as proper techniques when it comes to biological control not only in greenhouses but in nurseries, interiorscapes, and landscapes as well. The sessions will feature topics ranging from operating an organic nursery, to biocontrol of thrips, how Disney World uses biological control, conserving beneficials in the nursery, and much more! This workshop is a great opportunity to learn more about biological control in various settings from experts in the industry.
Recertification Credits Available:
- Stanton Gill - UMD Extension
- Steve Black - Owner of Raemelton Farm, MNLGA Board Member
- Dr. Michael Brownbridge - Vineland Research and Innovation Center
- Dr. Rose Buitenhuis - Vineland Reserach and Innovation Center
- Dr. Jeff Derr - Virginia Tech
- Tim Flowers - Disney World
- Dr. Stephanie Darnell - Bayer Company
- Russ Schmeiss - Gardens Alive
- Dr. Joe Roberts - University of Maryland
The program will feature:
- MDA Pesticide: 8 credits in categories 3A and 3B
- MDA Nutrient Management: 2 CEU’s for Professional Fertilizer Applicators and 2 CEU’s for Certified Operators and Voucher Training in Agriculture
- MD CPH: 1 CEU
- ISA Credits: 6.25 (Certified Arborist), 6.25 (Utility Specialist), 6.25 (Municipal Specialist), 0.75 (BCMA-Science), 4.5 (BCMA-Practice), 1.0 (BCMA-Mgmt), 6.25 (TW Climber Specialist), and 6.25 (TW Aerial Lift Specialist)
For a map and driving directions - please visit the Carroll Community College site. We will be in the K Building - Room 100.
- Interactive Sessions
- Expert Speakers from the UMD Extension offices
- Hot topics including organic nursery planning, controlling weeds in nurseries with alternatives to conventional herbicides, using IPM in a herbaceous perennial nursery, and more!
- Lunch is included
- and Much More!