Start Date: 6/25/2019 8:00 AM EDT
End Date: 6/25/2019 3:30 PM EDT
Venue Name: The Perennial Farm and Manor View Farm Location:
12017 Glen Arm Road
Glen Arm, MD United States 21057
Maryland Nursery, Landscape and Greenhouse Association
Join us for the MNLGA 2019 Field Day!
Pre-Registration for Field Day is now CLOSED. But - don't fear! If you would like to still attend Field Day, please download the event brochure, fill out the reigstration panel and bring it with you on site!
This event will be held at The Perennial Farm AND Manor View Farm., both of which are located in Baltimore County, MD.
The program will feature:
- MD CPH: 1 CEU
- MDA – NM: 4 CEU's (Agricultural Nutrient Management)
- MAC – ISA: 5.75 Arborist CEU's, 1.75 TW Climber Specialist CEU's, 1.75 TW Aerial Lift Specialist CEU's, 3.75 Municipal Specialist CEU's, 5.75 BCMA Management CEU's
- MDA – Pesticide: 8 CEU's (Private Applicator, 3A (Ornamental-Exterior), 3B (Ornamental Interior), 3C (Turf), and 6 (Right of Way and Weed)
- CBLP - 1.5 CEU's
- Breakfast and Industry Updates - Visit With Local Vendors
- Welcome and Introduction by Jessica Todd (MNLGA President), Rick Watson (The Perennial Farm), and Alan Jones (Manor View Farm)
- Early Morning Discussion Program - Including updates from Deputy Secretary Julie Oberg, Kimberly Rice (MDA), Craig Regelbrugge (AmericanHort), Mark Schlossberg (ProLawnPlus), and Andrew Bray (NALP)
- Morning Tours of The Perennial Farm
- Walking Tour of the Farm: 1200 Varieties, Technology and Innovation
- Order Processing, Shipping and Logistics
- E-Commerce: Selling Online, Processing and Dynamic Shipping
- Lunch at The Perennial Farm
- Afternoon Tours of Manor View Farm
- Field Tours and UME Irrigation Sensor Research
- Propagation House Tour, Techniques and Discussion
- Landscape Distribution Center
- Manor View Farm's Hosted Happy Hour - Join your colleagues after Field Day with a great happy hour - grab a drink, network with colleagues and wrap up the day.
About our hosts:
The Perennial Farm
The Perennial Farm is entering its 39th year. They started as a landscape design and installation company. These valuable landscape roots have given them valuable insight into the needs of garden centers and landscapers. They have created an environment dedicated to doing things efficiently in all of their operations. This means understanding how to grow and produce a mature plant that is the highest quality at the lowest cost. The Perennial Farm is recognized as the “Price Value Leader”.
Manor View Farm
For more than 40 years, Manor View has always been committed to consistently providing the highest quality products while serving a market which consistently demands a higher level of selection, quality, and service. This philosophy dictates the type of people they employ, the variety and quality of materials that they offer for sale, and the size and varieties of plants they produce. Manor View has greatly expanded their supplier network, developed and diversified their customer base, expanded their field and propagation production and developed one of the best teams in the industry.